Aloe vera, sometimes described as a "wonder plant," is a short-stemmed shrub. Primarily as a crop for "Aloe gel," which comes from the leaf. It is approved by the FDA as a flavoring. Cosmetics, Food supplements, Herbal remedies. Available whole or gel.
Aloe vera is widely used today in :
- Food - it is approved by the FDA as a flavoring.
- Food supplements.
- Herbal remedies.
Health benefits of Aloe vera :
- Teeth and gums
- Diabetes-induced foot ulcers
- Antioxidant and possible antimicrobial properties
- Protection from ultraviolet (UV) irradiation
- Protection from skin damage after radiation therapy
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Wounds from second-degree burns
- Depression, learning, and memory - an animal experiment