Indian gooseberry, commonly known as amla, is undoubtedly a powerhouse of nutrients. Being a very rich source of Vitamin C, iron and calcium, amla is a health treasure. It also offers a number of beauty benefits for your hair and skin. Available whole, crushed, or ground into powder
- Amla reduces the risk of heart disease by regulating the build-up of bad cholesterol.
- Amla is rich in antioxidants that help in fighting free radicals in the body. This reduces cell damage and also the risk of cancer and inflammation.
- Amla powder gives you glowing skin and also keeps it hydrated. Consume it with water or add it to your face mask for natural glow. You can mix amla powder, honey and yogurt to make a quick face mask. Leave it on till it dries and then wash off. It will leave your skin smooth and clean.
- Amla powder has a high fibre content which works wonderfully for the digestive system. It's an effective cure for constipation. The dried powder of the amla fruit is also a great home remedy for hyperacidity and stomach ulcers.
- Amla is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces the acid level in the stomach and fights inflammation.
- Amla is considered as the first and foremost food for anti-aging. Consuming amla in any form on a daily basis is the secret behind the slow aging process and beautiful skin.
- Amla powder is good for diabetics. Amla contains chromium which makes the body more responsive to insulin and regulates the blood glucose levels.
- Amla powder when taken with a teaspoon of honey acts as a great blood purifier. You can also mix it with jaggery and have it daily. Regular consumption of amla powder helps in increasing your haemoglobin naturally.
- Amla is also great for your hair. It not only cures dandruff but also helps in preventing hair loss. Make a paste with shikakai, curd and amla powder. Apply this on your scalp and leave it on for half in hour. You could also add few drops of lime to this pack to treat a dry scalp.